Station for Laravel 5¶
Station helps Laravel developers to auto-generate, configure, and deploy an admin interface with advanced scaffolding, migrations and models for their Laravel software. It includes an artisan build command and a simple but extensible UI.
If you are tired of creating CRUD-capable interfaces from scratch, Station may be perfect for you. In a few minutes you can have a simple, but advanced back-end admin installed and ready for use by you, your customers, and your customers’ users.
Station shines when used as a CMS however it is not your typical template-based CMS system. It does not include front-end templates or layouts. Instead it is intended to be used as a database, content, and user management system. It takes away the heavy-lifting involved in creating a back-end for your web site or application. But, it leaves the front-end a blank canvas for your creativity!
- A password-protected section of your domain under
/station/...or the virtual directory name of your choice.
- Authenticated user system utilizes Laravel’s native user model.
- A simple set of configuration text files defines your entire database, permissions and navigation schema.
- A build command at
php artisan station:buildwill generate + run migrations and create models.
- Define multiple user
groupswhere users can only access areas configured for their own group.
- A bootstrap-based UI containing necessary behaviors such as drag and drop reorderables, image upload w/ crop tools, nested sortables, and more.
- User management functions such as password reminders and password reset.
- All of the basic requirements of the Laravel library
- GD (compiled with PHP, if you want to take advantage of the image resizing features)
Contributing to Station Development¶
I welcome and encourage contributions. Please submit pull-requests. I will review and consider implementing.
My only guideline is that enhancements to Station should be within the simple and straightforward spirit of the project.
To build documentation, navigate to
/docs directory and run
touch *.rst; make html;. Read more
Please use the Github issue tracker to report problems or to get answers to your questions.